You can construct the Data type of a column according to your requirements by hovering over the column or from the Table Configuration settings of the specific column. The Button/Link field is for columns with actionable buttons.
You can decide the data type right from the start when you add a column to the table. From your dashboard, go to the Ninja Tables plugin → Tables (the table where you want to add Column) → Add Column.
- A pop-up form will appear, and you will see the available Data Type here. You can choose from the various data type listed in the below screenshot.
This allows you to add a button in a column, links can also be added if required.
- Go to the Data Type option and select the Button/Link type of the column and add a column.
- Each Button needs an individual valid URL to create.
Button Text #
Text buttons are one of the key components of the graphical user interface. Text Buttons have text on them that elaborates on the button’s function. Button text is HTML supported.
- You can also choose Open Link in a new window, where the button URL will open in a new window.
- Make Button as rounded corner makes the button’s corner rounded.
- When the button is clicked after selecting Make Force download, the file will be downloaded immediately. See the below screenshot –
Button Style #
The button can be styled by customizing the background, text, and border colors. See the below screenshot-
Link With Rel Attribute #
There are three types of rel attributes available, and you can select any of them based on your needs.
- sponsored: A sponsored link is an advertisement that is displayed on the search engine results page after a user searches for certain keywords.
- nofollow: The nofollow tag tells search engines to ignore that link. Because nofollow links do not pass PageRank they likely don’t impact search engine rankings.
- noreferrer: The rel=”noreferrer” tag is a special HTML attribute that can be added to a link tag (). It prevents passing the referrer information to the target website by removing the referral info from the HTTP header.
- Now a new column with data type has been added to the table. To see this data type, click on the Edit icon (right side of the table column). A window will appear then. See the below screenshot –
- Let’s see what the button is looked like –
This is how you can add Button/Link data type in your column easily!