You can construct the data type of a column by hovering over or from the “Table Configuration” settings of the specific column. The “Single Line Text Field” is for columns with text data.
You can decide the data type right from the start when you add a column to the table. From your dashboard, go to the Ninja Tables plugin → Tables (the table where you want to add Column) → Add Column.
- A pop-up form will appear, and you will see the available Data Type here. You can choose from the various data type listed in the below screenshot.
The Single Line Text field is a single textbox that’s most useful for collecting one-word answers and short phrases. This data type will display text in a single-line format.
- Go to the Data Type option and select the Single Line Text Field type of the column and add a column.
- Now a new column with data type has been added to the table. To see this data type, click on the Edit icon (right side of the table column). A window will appear then. See the below screenshot –
- Note that, Single Line Text Field is HTML supported.
- Now, go to the Preview of the table and you will see the Single Line text Field has supported HTML.
You can easily add a Single Line Text Field to your column!